Own the Wind  (Chaos #1) - Kristen Ashley

Let me preface by saying I've only been reading romance novels for the last year and I pretty much stick to the historical.  Contemporaries just don't appeal to me and the one or two I've read were just too treacly.  But I saw a listing for volume 2 of this series  on the website http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/  and then lo and behold volume 1 turned up in a stack of advance readers hiding out in the break-room so I figured it was kismet.

This book was definitely out of my comfort zone and I had to remind myself of the type of world I had chosen to inhabit a few time at the beginning because this is not the most PC book but I will say that both the main characters of Tabby and Shy were strong and I loved that!

I loved their back and forth and that they didn't take crap from each other.  I loved how they fit into the rolls as defined by the world they lived in but that even though Tabby was a 'Biker babe' she still wasn't a woman who let her man push her around or treat her like a piece of meat.  They were partners who looked out for each other.

A few things made me uncomfortable--Dr Dickhead for one but, that, once again, had to do with reading a romance set in a motorcycle club.

(show spoiler)

I guess the bottom line is--would I read the next volume in the series?

I'd have to say if it came my way yes but I don't know that I'll go out of my way.

Let's see how long it is before I have a review up for volume 2-lol!

Have to say I HATED their names, though.  Just yuck!